Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weight Loss Journal 12


Day 15 September 14, 2010

So as you can see I don't have a flick of food up! Instead I decided to put up a picture of a young lady that I think is so FAB!!! Camille Winbush (formerly of the Bernie Mac show- Nessa). So I put a picture of her up because I was on the treadmill and I was looking through a glamor magazine and I saw NOT ONE face that looked like mines :( and I felt some kind of way about that. I started to think about beauty and all the things in the magazine; fashion, healthy eating habits, hott new workout plans, celebrities, and all sorts of entertainment. All of these things we're promoted and glorified as beautiful, or how to be beautiful. I thought it was sad because I did NOT feel encouraged that my dark skin, full lips, kinky hair, and big hips were beautiful. Loves, work out, eat right and all those things because you want to be healthy and fit for you! NOT because of what society tells you is beautiful. Beauty is MORE than what's on the outside. It is what lies beneath. The person that you are and the things that you stand for define your beauty. So YES!!!!!! Your and my BLACK is SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT because Jesus does!! Xoxoxo!
Love,

Jenise LaVonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was wonderful. Your black is extremely beautiful!

lovejeniselavonne said...

:) Thank you so much! Xoxo