Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

I just want to sing!!!!!

All my life I've dreamed of being a singer. Taking the stage was always a natural instinct for me, and I've never grown out of it. I get emotional sometimes when I think about a song, or really living in what I know I'm called to do. It is truly apart of who I am. I started singing when I was two years old on the church choir, and now often times people as me if I ever get nervous when I have to sing, and to be honest... I Do. Every time I have to sing I get a ball of nerves down in the pit of my stomach, but as soon as a take hold onto the mic it's gone. Singing to me is like breathing. Making music, and drawing from many different inspirations is who I am and I cannot deny it.
I work in Midtown Manhattan for a nonprofit Jewish organization, doing Data Entry. I've just made a year here at this job and I am very grateful for it!!! It's relatively easy.. you know the usual Data Clerk requirements; filing, answering phones, billing, etc. It definitely pays the bills.... But Oh how happy I'll be when the day comes that I can sing, and write, and create, and minister for a living!!!! That is my desire!!!! I just want to sing. I know that God has called me to this particular ministry and I accept it... but I think Fred Hammond said it best when he said " Sometimes when you are called by God or you're called to do a work for God.. sometimes it just doesn't feel good.". I get an itch from time to time that just makes me want to sing, but the obligations of paying bills and all the other things that are necessary for comfortable living remind me that I it won't be given to me. I praise God in spite of the agonizing pain to want to do something but cannot necessarily do it at the moment... It has made me so much stronger, wiser, and even more hungry to fight and make it happen. So I'm out on the field y'all.. ready to take down any and everything that's there to hinder me from reaching my destiny. The word say "Knock and the door shall be opened", so open up cause I'm knocking!!! Mountains must move... Opportunities have to yield themselves in the Name of Jesus.... Finances, and any other types of provision that need to be made will be met!!! In the name of Jesus Christ I claim it!!!! Because if God before me, who can be against me!!!!
GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!!!
I just want to encourage you all, that if you know God has called you to a particular work and it looks like there is no way that you're gonna be able to do.... Say to yourself, " Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6. God has given you the tools to do as He has commanded.. you just need to put them into action!!!!


Love,

Jenise LaVonne

No comments: