Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Going back to the Lab... Christian Rap???

Alright, I have been M.I.A. from the studio since last September and it's about time to get back. I've been corresponding with this music group about producing and putting together some new music for me and I am thoroughly excited about it!!! YAY!!!! If God says the same, I will be back in the lab by the end of this month doing what I do best!!! You guys have no idea what that means to me. My past experiences being in the studio were really trial and error, but I feel like this time I have my head on straight. I know what I'm doing this for, I know what message I want to get across to the masses, and I know how I want to sound. Thank you Lord!!! I just feel like this time is right and nothing and no one is going to stop what's about to go down!!!


I was chillin in the hallway of the building that I live in on Saturday, hanging out like any normal young woman, with my sister and neighbors and we kinda had an impromptu jam session. I was singing like always and one of the fellas was rapping and I sat back and thought about it... Rap. I've never really been a huge fa of Christian Rap or even rap for that matter. In order for me to listen to it there would have to be something that hooks me. I enjoy select rappers such as Juvenile, Rick Ross, The Game, and of course the new boys on the block or how I like to call them, the silly boys of rap, V.I.C., Lil Wil, Dem Franchize Boys.. etc. As far as christian Rap goes, Lacrae and Trip Lee and my college friends formerly know as 3Shades of Faith. Rap has never really had a huge influence on me.. but I always wondered what does God feel about it? There's a lot of controversy surrounding Rap in the church and in the Christian community. What are my thoughts on it? Well... I feel like this. If God has given you a a message through music and you're not a singer.... fine. I feel like Christina rap is often taken to the extreme with these videos of these "Christian Rappers' in wife beaters, rollin up in their Mercedes Benz with madd chains and rings on. What in the world are you doing? I feel like there is no separation from mainstream. All in all, I look at christian rap as preaching to a beat. That's what it should be at least... There is no need for you guys out there to become thugs now for Jesus. LOL... he dosen't care anything about that. Being a thug for Jesus is and oxymoron anyway... LOL... It just doesn't make any since!!!! So if you're a Christan rapper.. Just deliver the message that God has given you. He does not need the help of an iced out chain, baggy jeans, Du rags, grills, and bling and anything else of the sort. LOL..
I think a lot about whether or not I'll incorporate a rhyme in any of my songs.... I don't know yet; But I will pray on it and consult God, because I know that God can use anything he chooses to get the message across.

Love,
Jenise LaVonne

No comments: