Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Great Forfeit!!!!

This past Saturday I made my way down to the gym like usual, but this time I made it a point to stop and go get a CD I'd been wanting for a while. I was soo excited about this CD. You know how you hear a song on the radio and you say "Oh no, I have to get that CD, I know it's gonna be off the chain!!!" Well I got the CD and Boy was I right!!! Everysong was great!! The lyrics, vocal arragnement, production, everything was just great on it. Through all of my excitement, I had to stop because as excited as I was there was a feeling of diasppointment. In the middle of what was stamped as a "GOSPEL" CD were R&B tracks and inspirational tracks. Now I don't have a personal vendetta against R&B or inspirational music (I actually like and listen to some of it), but I do have a vendetta against the fact that while I'm listening to a so called "Gospel" CD I end up listening to R&B or inspirational music. If I wanted to listen to that, I'd go and buy that. I have a serious problem when my soul is desiring to be fed through music and the only way to get it is to endure a little something else first. What in tha mess is that about??? So as I ran on the treadmill I heard the Spirit of the Lord say "Forfeit, that is where gospel artists forfeit the wholeness of what is promised to them." My Lord!!!!
Why is it that gospel artists bend? Why do we slide in a little somethin somethin here and there? Why do we compromise?? Secular artists stay true to who they are by any means... why don't we do the same when we are suppost to be the salt of the Earth? I am so sick of gospel artists feeling like they've made God cool by turning their hats around or sagging their pants or by becoming the "Gospel Beyonce". GOD DOES NOT NEED OUR ASSISTANCE!!!!!! WE NEED HIM!!! I don't see any gain for Jesus when artists do this, all I see is notoriety for that artist and more money. Ain't that some mess... the more you sell out God, the more wealth and fame you gain!!! And if you're thinking well as artists we have to shape our sound to what's attractive to what's going on today, my response to that is I don't think so. The word says Love and Kindness have I drawn thee, and also the word of God is the same today, yesterday, and forevermore!!! Jesus didn't change His word to fit what we think will sell. So what'll it be folks..... Heavenly or Wordly Gain??? Holla at me yall!!!!

Love,

Jenise LaVonne

No comments: