Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Ambassadors for Christ... Fred Hammond CD of the Month

Ephesians 6:19-20
19. And for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.
20. For which I am an ambassador in bonds; that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

This a a portion of a scripture I read daily. Eph. 6:10-24 is it in it's entirety.

I was talking to my mother the other day before I went into the gym and we were talking about my music and career and things of that nature. I was telling her about my experience singing this past Sunday. I felt like God was definitely pleased. I was asked to sing a solo and I had no idea as to what i was going to sing, so He dropped a song in my spirit that I'd been dying to sing and I really feel like He was glorified. While talking to my mother she said to me, "Jen, you are not a singer.. you are an ambassador for Jesus; and you will not be successful unless you remain Holy before God and walk in His will. You have a divine assignment for an appointed time." I received her words and meditated on one in particular. I looked up the word Ambassador in my bible concordance and the meaning of it there was a messenger. I looked it up on dictionary.com and this is what it said.


/æmˈbæsədər, -ˌdɔr/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[am-bas-uh-der, -dawr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.
a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary).
2.
a diplomatic official of the highest rank sent by a government to represent it on a temporary mission, as for negotiating a treaty.
3.
a diplomatic official serving as permanent head of a country's mission to the United Nations or some other international organization.
4.
an authorized messenger or representative. Abbreviation: Amb., amb.

Looking at the dictionary definition and the Bible concordance gave me a whole new outlook as to who I am and this gifting God has given me.

Lord, I am not worthy but I gratefully accept who you have called me to be. Lead me and guide me in your way, because without you I WILL fail.

In keeping it real, I'll be honest with you guys. I've been feeling a little down about my career. It seems like every time I get things rolling it seems like things crash and burn. The devil is a liar!!!!! I know that God has called me to this... and I know that it is going to be a fight... but in the words of an independent gospel artist, Mookstar " I won't give up on God's Will, It shall come to and fulfill, I won't give up on God's will and it shall come to pass!!!!" And in the words of an angel sent from Heaven, "What the servant asketh, that shall he be given, knock and the door shall be opened." This is not it for me or the music God has ordained for me to sing...... don't blink because it's coming at you!!!!


11161




In the spirit of Ambassadors for Christ, I've chosen Fred Hammond's Pages of Life CD as the CD of the Month. Fred Hammond is the MAN!!!! and Truly an Ambassador for Christ!!!! His ministry has been a blessing to my life and I'm sure many of yours. Pages of Life is a 2 disc CD (studio and Live) that is truly remarkable!!! Contemporary gospel infusing the traditional that we all know and LOVE!!!! Go get it if you don't have it... YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!! I remember when I was about 12 I was under a spiritual attack and I was laying in the living room of my house; my dad came home from work and he said that the Spirit of the Lord came to him and told him to play "No Way, No Way you won't loose" from the CD. The spirit of depression was over me heavy and as the lyrics ministered to me it was literally lifted!!! Thank you Jesus and God Bless you Fred for allowing Him to use you!!!!
Pages of Life yall... a Must have in your collection of Gospel Music!

That's all for now.. But you know I'll be back, keeping yall posted on the latest on the Journey of Jenise LaVonne! :)

Love,

Jenise LaVonne

No comments: