Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year... 1st blog of the year!!!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm madd late but it's all good. I hope everyone had an excellent New Year's eve. I definitely did. I am just sincerely happy to have made it over into another year!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

OK, so yesterday I watched the first episode of BET's new show Generation Gospel and I must keep it real and say that my first thought on the idea of doing a gospel spin off of 106&Park was correct. I was disappointed in more ways then one.

First of all, the hosts Jorel(of 21:03) and Angel(of Trin-i-tee 5:57). I felt like whoever did the casting did not do a good job. I felt like Jorel had a lot of energy, and he was really excited about the show but Angel on the other hand was extremely dead. They did not vibe together well, and I thought that they should have chosen personalities as apposed to already established artists.

Second of all, the show comes on at 12pm on a SUNDAY!!!! What in the mess?? Everyone is at church that time. (I had to record the show)

Third of all, what happened to the countdown... I think there were like 5 videos played and we didn't even get to see all of them. I was kind of getting into Trin-i-tee 5:7's new video but I couldn't even get the true just of it because they cut it so short!

Also, the house choir?? Are they ever going to get a chance to sing an actual song?? Overall I just felt like there were to many things going on in this first episode. I felt like it was a rushed project and there was absolutely NO creativity!!!!! I feel like if they wanted to do a spin off of 106 they should have come up with more creative things to implement into the show; not just bite off the whole 106&Park concept. Come on saints, we must do better!!!

On a positive note, I did thoroughly enjoy Marvin Sapp's interview (MORE INTERVIEWS PLEASE!!!), and I also enjoyed Kiki's interview and performance!!! Kiki, I'm sorry, Kierra is definitely doing her thing and I am soooo proud of her.... (still bumping her new CD)! I still believe that this show has a lot of potential, but we must be original and SET the bar, not follow the trend. Let's see how the next few weeks go with 106&Park Presents Generation Gospel!



UPDATES!!!!

December 27, 2008 I sang at the Hadassa Christian Lounge and it was definitely a blessed time in the Lord. I will be back there on February 14, 2009.

July 11, 2009 I will be singing at the Evangelistic Fellowship Conference here in NY

January 23, 2009 is the first meeting of my Women's Foundation, Sisters in the Spirit of Love!!! i am thoroughly excited about that! For a minute I wasn't sure at all how God was going to do this but He is perfect and He is working it out!!! GLORY!!!!

January 24-February 1st. I will be in Atlanta, Ga and Tampa, FL networking and getting into the flow of the entertainment world, working alongside with my sister and cousin at The Good Life Experience Superbowl Weekend.

Pray for me yall!! 2009 is expected to be an awesome productive year and I am excited. I'm already into my second semester at The Vocal Workout Music School and I tell you as the word of God says, if you study to show yourself approved unto God, you will be a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth!!!!! God Bless yall!! I'll be keeping you updated as God blesses, teaches, and guides!!! Love love love yallll!!!!


Love,

Jenise LaVonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! I'm so late in commenting, especially cuz I've been meaning to say something on here for WEEKS... GREAT BLOG!

Plus, GREAT REVIEW of the 106 & Park gospel thingy. Took most of the words right outta my mouth.

Thanks for showing love at GospelPundit.com. We gotta start some sort of gospel blog consortium! LOL